Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a RN, Care Manager who:
Provides excellent patient care by assisting in the collaboration, development, implementation, revision and reporting of the case management program. Acts as a liaison between the patient, family, nurse, physicians, multidisciplinary team and patient’s healthcare benefactor to optimize outcomes. Serves as a consultant to the healthcare team on specific patient items. Coordinates a continuum of care for a defined population of patients from pre-admission through post discharge. Assures that patients and families proceed efficiently through the course of hospitalization.
- Leads the coordination of patient care with other disciplines within the care team, monitoring the appropriateness and timeliness of care.
- Ensures the interdisciplinary care plan is consistent with the patient’s clinical course, continuing care needs and covered services by monitoring diagnostic testing, treatments and procedures, and other aspects of patient care as appropriate for acute care.
- Discusses with physicians, the appropriateness of resource utilization, consultations, treatment plan, estimated length of stay, and discharge plan. Focuses on complex patients, frequent emergency department utilizers, chronic pain patients, and substance abuse.
- Coordinates the transfer of patients to tertiary centers, including the transfer of patient information required for continuity of ongoing treatment and services.
- Provides oversight and collects data required for regulatory and accreditation compliance. Manages frequent emergency department visitors by conducting a focus study review of the previous and current admissions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You’ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BSN): Preferred
- Experience in a care management role: Preferred
- Case management certification: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice: Required