Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Care Management Coordinator who:
Manages the discharge/transition process by working closely with the patient and/or family, and coordinating activity with the multidisciplinary team, including physicians, nursing, and community resources to ensure patient’s adequate post acute care transition. Coordinates small program(s) with limited budget/impact. Applies substantial knowledge and experience to perform a wide range of advanced activities and/or determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals; serves as working supervisor for team or work group.
- Demonstrates initiative in managing the discharge/transition process.
- Composes and types confidential correspondences, reports, related material from dictation, written, and/or verbal medium.
- Supports physicians by providing necessary information to referral agencies and keeping physician informed of readiness for discharge from a standpoint of required post-discharge services.
- Acts as the discharge planning contact for the patient and family during hospitalization.
- Supports others by learning processes necessary to provide adequate support when others within the organization are absent.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You’ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate’s/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Experience in a healthcare setting: Preferred