Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Program Manager, Clinical Education who:
Coordinates and implements orientation, training, and continuing education for clinical nursing staff. Serves as expert and resource to staff and managers in regard to patient care standards for area of clinical specialty. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Manages large program(s) with substantial budget/impact.
- Serves as expert and resource to staff and managers in regard to patient care standards for area of clinical specialty. Delegates education functions to appropriate nursing staff in order to meet education needs of individual patient care units. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines tactical approach, resources, schedules and goals.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems for clinical education.
- Acts as clinical leader in implementing strategic hospital and department initiatives.
- Assumes responsibility for assessing and evaluating employee competence. Completes probationary and annual performance appraisals. Develops remediation plans, as needed, related to employee competence.
- Exercises independent judgment in recruiting, training, coaching, supervising and responsibly directing assigned staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You’ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Master’s Degree: Preferred
- Five years technical experience: Preferred
- One years leadership experience: Preferred
- Experience in nursing/staff education: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of practice: Preferred