Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Located in Los Angeles County, California, Adventist Health Glendale has been serving its community since 1905, and has been named one of the ‘Best Places to Work in Los Angeles’ by the Los Angeles Business Journal. It is home to a compassionate team of people living their mission in the medical field, and it shows-Adventist Health Glendale has achieved a number of major distinctions, including being a Joint Commission ‘Top Performer’ in the areas of stroke, cardiac care and pneumonia, as well as being one of only five hospitals in California with a cancer program recognized with an Outstanding Achievement Award by the American College of Surgeons. Glendale is divided into 34 neighborhoods rich in culture, history and art. From Universal Studios Hollywood to Dodger Stadium or the Museum of Neon Art-you’ll never run out of things to do here.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Supervisor, Employee Health who:
Oversees all operations relating to health services and compensation. Manages health and compensation programs and supervises and performs various special projects. Coordinates surveillance, prevention and control activities that reduce risk of illness and injury to employees, and to prevent the spread of infections to patients. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment.
- Assists with the design of controls for injury prevention and health surveillance related to actual and potential hazards in the work environment. Conducts and documents employee health program evaluations including measurement of quality of interventions, legal and regulatory compliance. Develops strategic plans for the health and compensation programs, which includes short-term and long-term goals and measurable objectives.
- Identifies opportunities to collaborate to enhance employee safety and mitigate risk for employee illness or injury. Develops and monitors the budget process to provide efficient and cost effective employee health compensation services. Develops, administers and maintains the policies of employee health consistent with the organization’s general policies, as well as legal, labor, and regulatory guidelines.
- Educates leadership and staff regarding new or proposed regulations that impact employee compensation. Maintains health, administrative and program records and safeguard confidentiality of employee information in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Provides health and safety information and services to employees. Collects and analyzes work environment data to establish health priorities and interventions.
- Coordinates health screening and surveillance. Assists in managing outbreaks among personnel. Assists in ensuring all necessary pre-employment actions are appropriately addressed and completed ensuring medical clearance is achieved before an employee is orientated.
- Assigns work responsibilities and work schedules, monitors work assignments and evaluates staff performance. Ensure compliance in the work environment.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You’ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Master’s Degree: Preferred
- Five years nursing experience in a hospital or healthcare setting: Preferred
- One year employee health and workers’ compensation experience: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certified (CPR certification): Required
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure: Required