Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Limited Radiologic Technologist/Medical Assistant who:
Performs x-ray procedures limited to certification scope. Applies prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis at the technical level, not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs administrative and clinical duties under physician direction. Assists in providing care for patients.
- Prepares and maintains treatment rooms and equipment trays. Drapes and positions patients. Hands equipment, supplies, and instruments to physicians. Performs specimen collection and point of care testing according to protocol.
- Performs rooming and patient intake functions, including vital signs, basic vision screening, medication review, allergies, histories, intent to harm, pain, fall risk, and infection control screening as indicated by provider. Documents all information in the Electronic Health Record as instructed.
- Operates the testing equipment, develops x-ray films, makes necessary adjustments to diagnostic equipment within scope and maintains patient testing records.
- Manages scanning of paper records, responds to messages and records calls within scope. Supports prescription refill process with physicians.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You’ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in radiological technology or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor’s): Preferred
- Master’s Degree: Preferred
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification: Required
- Certification of Radiologic Technologists (CRT) in state of practice: Required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- Fluoroscopy license in state of employment: Preferred
- Venipuncture certification: Preferred
- Medical Assistant (MA) certification: Preferred
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) certification: Preferred