Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Sr. Special Procedures Technologist who:
Performs, assists, and completes Cardiac and Vascular Radiographic examinations. Performs active radiographic interventional procedures in the cardiovascular lab using a variety of complicated and sophisticated equipment. Operates equipment to produce digital images of designated body portions, as ordered by physicians. Positions and instructs patients for examinations and performs specialized studies. Provides clinical care efficiently and effectively using a high level of technical and organizational skills as well as critical thinking ability. Models/mentors and trains staff on technical skills. Provide input into hiring and promotion decisions for staff.
- Operates diagnostic imaging equipment to produce contrast enhanced radiographs of heart and cardiovascular system (angiocardiograms), during cardiac catheterization, to aid physician in diagnostic evaluation and treatment: positions and immobilizes patient on examining table, using head and shoulder braces and following specified protocols.
- Assists physicians with specialized procedures, including special exams. Enters technical factors determined by protocol such as amount and quality of radiation beam, and specified filming sequence, into computer. Raises and lowers examining table and manipulates and positions x-ray tube in response to instructions from physician. Starts automatic injection of contrast medium into blood vessels of patient. Activates fluoroscope and motion picture camera (cinefluorography) to produce images that assist physician in guiding catheter through cardiovascular system of patient.
- Provides patients with procedure explanations in preparation for exams and provides clear discharge instructions. Observes gauges, recorder, and video screens of multichannel data analysis system that indicates blood pressure, cardiac output, and respiration, during imaging of cardiovascular system. Alerts physician to changes in patient responses.
- Monitors and controls environmental factors, like temperature, humidity and electrical safety. Assists physician in interventional procedures, such as instilling enzymes or inserting balloon in blood vessels to remove plaque or other blockage.
- Maintains accurate and updated documentation, adhering with program standards.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You’ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in radiological technology or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor’s): Required
- Master’s Degree: Preferred
- Three years technical experience: Preferred
- Experience as Special Procedures Technologist: Preferred
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification: Required
- Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) licensure in state of practice: Required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required