Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
More than fifty years ago, a country doctor and a group of forward-thinking residents had a vision for their small towns of Simi and Santa Susana: They would create a special place of healing in the picturesque valley they called home. Today, that place is Adventist Health Simi Valley: Offering a wide range of patient care services such as the Nancy Reagan Breast Center for digital mammography, Emergency Care and Women’s and Children’s Services and so much more-AHSV is proud to be part of the Adventist Health Southern California Region.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Nursing Assistant who:
Provides personal nursing care to the patient under the direction of a licensed registered nurse (RN). Performs tasks associated with activities of daily living including self-care needs. Performs routine assigned tasks and reports patients’ status and concerns to the RN.
- Performs tasks associated with activities of daily living, including assisting with nutrition and hydration, elimination, personal care, positioning devices, restraints and restorative care.
- Performs tasks associated with technical skills including, pyloric, jejunostomy, gastrostomy tube feedings, warm and cold therapies and finger stick capillary blood testing. Takes vital signs including, pulse and blood pressure.
- Helps patients with their basic needs, i.e., bathing, dressing and feeding.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You’ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification: Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
- Phlebotomy certificate: Preferred