Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
More than fifty years ago, a country doctor and a group of forward-thinking residents had a vision for their small towns of Simi and Santa Susana: They would create a special place of healing in the picturesque valley they called home. Today, that place is Adventist Health Simi Valley: Offering a wide range of patient care services such as the Nancy Reagan Breast Center for digital mammography, Emergency Care and Women’s and Children’s Services and so much more-AHSV is proud to be part of the Adventist Health Southern California Region.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Speech Pathologist (Outpatient) who:
Provides diagnostic, therapeutic and consultative services to patients with communication, cognitive and swallowing disorders. Adheres to state and federal regulatory license, certification and accrediting requirement guidelines. Serves as an integral member of the interdisciplinary care team.
- Immediately notifies charge nurses, managers and house supervisors of significant problems or unusual incidents, such as physician/patient occurrence and crises requiring administrative intervention. Intervenes when appropriate.
- Participates in clinical education by supervising student interns, clinical affiliates and Clinical Fellowships (CFYs) as needed.
- Provides personnel and broader community with education opportunities.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates speech therapy for pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Sets patient care priorities. Assigns patient care activities to appropriate personnel based on job description skills and capabilities, scope of practice and level of competency.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You’ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree: Required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC): Preferred
- Speech Pathologist licensure in the state of practice: Required