Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
More than fifty years ago, a country doctor and a group of forward-thinking residents had a vision for their small towns of Simi and Santa Susana: They would create a special place of healing in the picturesque valley they called home. Today, that place is Adventist Health Simi Valley: Offering a wide range of patient care services such as the Nancy Reagan Breast Center for digital mammography, Emergency Care and Women’s and Children’s Services and so much more-AHSV is proud to be part of the Adventist Health Southern California Region.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Speech Pathologist (Outpatient) who:
Provides diagnostic, therapeutic and consultative services to patients with communication, cognitive and swallowing disorders under the supervision of Required Professional Experience/Clinical Fellow (RPE/CFY) supervisors. Adheres to state and federal regulatory license, certification and accrediting requirement guidelines. Serves as an integral member of the interdisciplinary care team.
- Immediately notifies charge nurses, managers and house supervisors of significant problems or unusual incidents, such as physician/patient occurrence and crises requiring administrative intervention. Intervenes when appropriate.
- Participates in clinical education by supervising student interns, clinical affiliates and Clinical Fellowships (CFYs) as needed.
- Provides personnel and broader community with education opportunities.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates speech therapy for pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Sets patient care priorities. Assigns patient care activities to appropriate personnel based on job description skills and capabilities, scope of practice and level of competency.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You’ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor’s): Required
- Master’s Degree: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC): Preferred
- Speech Pathologist licensure in the state of practice: Required