Adventist Health Bakersfield
Adventist Health Bakersfield
Adventist Health Bakersfield is comprehensive health care organization serving the city of Bakersfield and outlying communities of Kern County. Our deep roots in Kern County reflect more than a century’s worth of providing exceptional, faith-based health care services. Throughout our organization, patient care is taken to another level every day through extraordinary compassion and excellent clinical quality. Whether you’re receiving care in our hospital, outpatient centers or physician clinics, our mission is live God’s love by inspiring health, wholeness and hope.
Hear from our people and their patients as they share their stories of our Sacred Work.
Watch our Adventist Health Brand Manifest on Vimeo
Adventist Health Bakersfield includes:
- A comprehensive health care network — including a 254-bed acute care hospital, The AIS Cancer Center, three Quest Imaging locations and the Adventist Health Physicians Network.
- Kern County’s choice — continually voted as the region’s Most Preferred Hospital.
- Commitment to quality — numerous awards, including being named a Distinguished Hospital by Healthgrades for three years in a row, putting SJCH in the top 5 percent in the nation for quality and excellence.
- Long history of community firsts — including being the first hospital between Los Angeles and San Francisco to have both a Certified Stroke Center and Accredited Chest Pain Center under one roof.
- Focused on growth — expanding services into outlying and underserved areas of Kern County, including a new Adventist Health hospital in Tehachapi and a state-of-the-art tele-neurology program serving the communities of Delano and Ridgecrest.
When you serve with us here at Adventist Health Bakersfield you’ll enjoy:
- The opportunity to be an integral part of our faith-based culture of Sacred Work, where every patient, family, employee and physician matter
- An environment of shared governance, where nurses are actively involved in creating their own day-to-day work experience
- Professional growth opportunities, including ICU, L&D and Emergency Department fellowships
- Generous compensation and benefit package, 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Tuition reimbursement and paid education days
- Compensation and support for mission related activities
- The AH RN Residency Program for new graduates – a paid, structured orientation and professional development program designed to ease the transition from new graduate to professional nurse. View application details.
More than that, you’ll get to experience the advantages of our Bakersfield location. As one of America’s fastest growing cities, Bakersfield offers:
- Some of the most affordable housing on the West Coast
- An average high temperature of 77 degrees and 223 sunny days a year
- Great education options – from our K-12 schools to our Division I state university
- Central location, within a few hours drive of Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks, the Central California Coast and Southern California
It’s no wonder Bakersfield is earning national recognition:
- Ranked #1 large metro for annual economic growth rate in the nation
- Ranked #1 for affordable housing and home price appreciation in California
- Ranked #2 for large city growth in the nation
- Ranked #2 metro for job growth in the nation
- Ranked #2 best performing large metro in California
- Ranked #3 most competitive major metro in the nation
We invite you to explore careers at Adventist Health Bakersfield. Search jobs to get started.